Hey there. Forewarning: If we ever talk I will call you hun of something of the like. It's a knee-jerk reaction. Also, talk to me! I'm almost always here! (Just don't ask for selfies, if I wanted to post them they'd be up.)
BREAKING: DISNEYLAND NO LONGER HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
this place is called Lucky Puppy and its in Maybee Michigan and you should all go look and like their facebook page because it will 100% cheer you up forever
my dog stayed here there are tvs in the dogs’ rooms
Can we just talk about how this kid puts every pro choice argument I’ve ever heard to shame?
LMAO NO SHE REALLY DOESN’T
1. A fetus is not sentient or aware and doesn’t care about whether it gets aborted
2. a fetus ISN’T a child
3. The latin root doesn’t actually matter
4. Abortions aren’t performed on 5 month fetuses ‘all the time’ because the only time they’re done after 20 weeks (4.5 months) is when the fetus is dead, actively dying, suffers severe abnormalities or will kill the pregnant person.
5.THE FETUSES RIGHTS DO NOTOVERRIGHT THE PREGNANT PERSONS RIGHTS. ANy right to life the fetus has DOES NOT override the pregnant persons right to bodily autonomy. Not now, not ever. So saying ‘is the mothers right to choose really more important than the rights the fetus was never given?’??? YES. THE PREGNANT PERSONS RIGHT TO DECIDE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT USE THEIR BODY IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE ELSES RIGHTS, WANTS OR DESIRES.
6. Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy, so a person consenting to the act of having sex does not mean they should be denied abortions.
7. 54% of the people getting abortions DID use contraception and did NOT have unprotected sex
8. Abortion IS a form or responsibility (Woops, another thing she’s conveniently glossed over)
9. Actually ‘hard case’ is more common. 1.75% areto IMMEDIATELY save the pregnant persons life, 3-5% are rape and incest, and 12% are for mental or physical health reasons BEFORE they become immediately life threatening. That’s a LOT more than what she claims and I have sources to back it up, she doesn’t.
10. Those health problems are actually myths and have been debunked NUMEROUS times by non-biased sources. There is a WHOLE POST I did debunking a lot more than what she claims and what she claims! (And the number is way, WAY lower than ‘17% of abortion recipients.)The Cancer institute says she’s wrong about the breast cancer thing.
12. Alcohol and drug abuse more common? Interesting how I can ONLY find this on pro life sites and very interesting how I see 2x more likely, 5x more likely, 4x more likely… the inconsistancy reeks of bullshit.
13. God is not something you should be bringing into the discussion as belief is varied and *gasp* many religious beliefs actually teach a pro choice stand point.
14. Dr. Suess was pro choice, Hortan Hears A Who was about the internment camps of the japanese and the vietnam war and his widow not only donates to planned parenthood but regularily SUE’S people who use the quote she did for pro life rallies.
So no. She hasn’t ‘put every pro choice argument to shame’. She’s proven she’s a child with NO concept of what abortion is or why people get them. She’s committed a copyright infringement, she’s regurgitated all the pro life rhetoric every pro choicer has heard a hundred times and she’s proven she can’t be bothered to actually research her topic correctly (Did she use lifenews or something? Because she failed to mention any sources for information and got an enormous number of things very, very wrong).
Sorry but this kid hasn’t got a fucking clue what they’re talking about.
Imagine how it would look if the Orion nebula is only four light years away - the distance the nearest star is to us, instead of 1,300 light years. It would be so bright that we wouldn’t be aware of the dark sky. We wouldn’t see other stars. The whole world would be the Orion nebula and the sun.
my dad died from ALS when i was 3 years old. he was 36. my mom was 33. that was 30 years ago. now i’m the same age my mom was when my dad died. and there is still no cure for ALS.
this is what happens when you have ALS: your muscles slowly stop working, one part at a time. for my dad, first he couldn’t use one of his hands. then his arm. then the other arm. then he couldn’t walk. then he couldn’t stand up. then he couldn’t talk. then he couldn’t swallow. then he couldn’t breathe. then he was dead.
this all took about two years. he was diagnosed when i was about one year old. the only memories i have about my dad are of an inert body in a wheelchair or lying in a bed with a bunch of tubes stuck into it. as i was learning to talk, he was losing the ability to speak. as i was learning to walk, he stopped being able to move. my mom often had to choose between who she was going to help go to the bathroom at any given moment: her husband or her toddler.
after my dad died, my mom took over the philadelphia chapter of the ALS association. it consisted of a shoebox full of notecards with names on it. now it is a multi-million dollar organization with a large staff. she is still in charge. my mom is one of the most amazing people on the planet, basically.
these past couple weeks have been mind-boggling. i have openly wept watching so many of these videos. i still don’t completely get how all of this has happened, but now we live in a world in which lil wayne and taylor swift and oprah and justin timberlake and weird al and bill gates talk about ALS. my mom just emailed me this sentence: “lebron james ice bucket challenge.” i mean, IS THIS REAL LIFE?! i just keep saying over and over: holy shit. holy shit. holy shit.
so far, it has raised over 10 million dollars… and counting. my mom has spent every single day of her life for the past three decades trying to get this kind of attention and funds for this disease.
i don’t care if it’s a stupid gimmick. i don’t care if people are just doing this because it’s trendy or because they want pats on the back. i don’t care if it’s the new harlem shake. i don’t care if for the rest of my life, when i talk about ALS, i have to say “you know, the ice bucket disease.”
please, everybody, please keep pouring buckets of ice over your heads. please keep donating money. please keep talking about this.
my mom’s chapter:
p.s. the only reason i haven’t done my own ice bucket challenge yet is because i wanted to do it with my mom. we’re seeing each other next week, so it will happen then, i promise.
Think about this next time you think it’s just a stupid gimick
ANOTHER ANATOMY POST! Only three vertebrate groups have successfully evolved flight: Birds, Bats, and Pterosaurs, which are NOT dinosaurs, and are an extremely diverse group of reptiles! Pterodactyl is not the only one. However, birds ARE dinosaurs. Avian dinosaurs!
Wings are not some extra structure you tack on to a creature and somehow the arms go away— they ARE arms. Think about that when you are designing creatures with wings and also giving them arms. That means your creature has six limbs.
Next anatomy post: The anatomy and evolution of DRAGONS. If you guys have any requests, feel free to send them in!